Trainee – Introduction to Industrial Construction (IIC)
Program: Introduction to Industrial Construction
Location: Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada
Open for applications: April 11, 2022
Closing Date: May 6, 2022, 12:00 PM, Pacific Time
There are a diverse group of people in career transition seeking opportunities in the construction trades, including First Nations, women, youths, veterans, unemployed and displaced workers. The LNGC Project is supporting individuals from the local area and greater province of British Columbia by providing them with opportunities to gain the practical experience they need to start a path to apprenticeship. The Introduction to Industrial Construction (IIC) program was developed with this objective in mind. The current offering is open to Prince Rupert and area residents.
JGC Fluor (JFJV) developed the program in partnership with the Piping Industry College of BC and Industry Training Authority BC (ITA BC). The Introduction to Industrial Construction (IIC) Boot Camp is four weeks in length. Programming includes a variety of practical projects designed to provide participants with an experiential understanding of industrial construction. Training takes place in indoor and outdoor settings and in all types of weather conditions.
During the JFJV IIC Boot Camp participants learn about a variety of trades and receive training on workplace safety, tool use and hands-on construction techniques. Boot Camp instructors assess participant’s aptitude for working in industrial construction and participants have opportunities to reflect on their suitability for a career in construction.
Programming will cover the following Areas:
- BC Apprenticeship System Overview
- Basic Workplace Safety
- Introduction to Power Tools
- Introduction to Hand Tools
- Working at Heights
- Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP)
- Confined Space Entry
- Basic Communication Skills
- Basic Employability Skills
- Hands-on Construction Projects
Questions? Check out these FAQs
- Strong interest in trades
- General knowledge of the construction industry
- Ability to work in difficult weather conditions such as heavy rain and winter conditions
- Grade 10 Required OR Mature Student
- 18 years of age or older
- Safety conscious mindset and the ability to understand and demonstrate safe work practices
- Previous experience in construction, or an industrial setting is considered an asset but not required
Save a copy for your records
* We invite Prince Rupert local residents (must not be currently working on the LNG Canada Site) who are interested in a career in the construction trades, to apply to our fully immersive, four-week introduction to construction trades program.
**The LNG Canada Project has a mandatory vaccination program in place. This means anyone entering the project site must be fully vaccinated. To qualify as a “fully vaccinated”, a person must have received a full series of a Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine (combinations of approved vaccines are also acceptable) with the last dose having been administered at least fourteen days prior to the day of arrival at site.
Apply before May 6, 2022, 12:00 PM, Pacific Time. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.