JGC Fluor (JFJV) strives to be a good neighbour where we work and live by contributing to the well-being of our local communities. Our commitment to community investment includes moving forward with a more structured and transparent approach in how we support funding requests. While we want to give back to the community in ways that make a positive difference, we also want to be strategic and ensure these investments remain in the communities closest to the project.
Over the years, JFJV has taken part in a number of community events within the Kitimat/Terrace area. Among these are the highly successful School Supply and Christmas Toy and Food Drives. Other events include the Kitimat River Cleanup, the Kitimat Community Foundation Telethon and Light Up Kitimat.
Our Community Investment supports the following Pillars:
- Community Development
Please note, our Community Investment does not support the following areas:
- Individuals or individual pursuits
- Sports sponsorships
- Items or infrastructure for sports teams (i.e., uniforms, equipment, etc.)
- For-profit organizations
- Travel expenses for individuals or teams
- Third-party fundraiser or fundraising events
- Conferences, forums, trade shows, conventions, seminars
- Religious organizations, events or programs
- Advertising, film, video, television, and book productions
- Private foundations
- Fraternal and labour organizations/service clubs
- Political parties or lobby groups
- Projects where benefits occur outside the defined local area
If you have a funding request, we’d like to hear from you. Please submit it to email@example.com and be sure to include all of the following information:
- Organization name
- Contact information,
- Canadian Registered Charity, or BC Registered Society official name and number
- Details of proposed program or initiative
- Date of the proposed initiative or event
- Duration of the project, program or event
- Dollar amount requested (Canadian dollars only)
JFJV will assess and review applications and respond to all applicants. While not all requests can be supported, we wish everyone that applies success in their activities.
Please note that any requests that are not received through this process will not be considered.
An organization can only submit one application for funding per calendar year. Approval for funding one year will not guarantee funding in subsequent years. The approval processes for funding requests may take 60 days to complete.