A joint venture between JGC Corporation and Fluor Corporation – JGC Fluor BC LNG Joint Venture (JFJV) – was selected by LNG Canada Development Inc. to be the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractor for its proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) export terminal in Kitimat, British Columbia, Canada. The joint venture between JGC and Fluor was established to leverage JGC’s extensive experience in LNG projects worldwide, as well as Fluor’s expertise accumulated from its outstanding track record of completing mega-sized projects in North America.
Our Project Safety Vision
- Our ambition is to be the Safest Project on Earth—we believe it is achievable
- Starting Strong, Staying Strong will provide the elements that support our journey to be the Safest Project on Earth
- It’s about leadership, building culture, and harnessing our collective knowledge
- We actively care and treat people with dignity and respect—it’s about the people
- Our commitment spans all stages of the project, and we will involve everyone to make a difference!
Construction of LNG Export Terminal in Kitimat, BC
This is a greenfield project that will be built on 400 hectares of land in Kitimat industrial area in British Columbia, Canada. JGC Fluor BC LNG JV (JFJV) is designing and building the LNG Canada plant as a brand new facility. When completed, the plant will consist of a natural gas receiving and LNG production facility, as well as a marine terminal with the capacity to accommodate two LNG carriers, a tugboat dock, and LNG loading lines. The facility will also include LNG processing units, storage tanks, a rail yard, a water treatment facility, and flare stacks.